National Men’s Grooming Day is this month so we’ve come up with a few tips to help you along.
Single, coupled up, starved of time or short of cash, there are still lots of ways to improve your look, up your game and feel better for it.
- If you’ve no time for a haircut but feel you are in need, part it differently to tidy it up instantly.
- Longish hair? Avoid a pony tail unless you are Johnny Depp. Women rank them alongside Speedos on the sex appeal scale.
- If you’ve rushed the shave, don’t wait for scraps of tissue to dry out the cuts on your lacerated face. Use lip balm to stop nicks from bleeding.
- And if you’ve time, leave shaving cream on for five minutes beforehand to avoid razor burn.
- Out of fresh blades? Sharpen your multi-blade razor on your jeans. No, really. See how:
- Use nail clippers to trim stray moustache beard and nose hairs.
- How low should your beard go? No lower than two fingers’ width above the centre point of your Adam’s apple.
- For women, less is usually more when it comes to men’s facial hair. So, if you are going the beard route, don’t let it get scraggly or wild.
- Go easy on aftershave or eau de toilette. If someone can smell you beyond your own arm’s length you’ve overdone it. Use three sprays max, applied from at least six inches away.
- Did you know a 1:1 vodka to water ratio gets rid of B.O. from your shirt? Better still, shower daily then use underarm deodorant.
- And while you’re at it, don’t forget downstairs. Below the Belt’s Fresh & Dry Balls keeps the contents of your pants comfortable for up to eight hours.
- Hair conditioner is a great shaving cream for your sensitive areas down below.
- Allergic to ironing? Remove the wrinkles from your shirt by bunging it in the tumble dryer with an ice cube.
- Go easy on the bling. Women don’t like to see men in more jewellery than they wear. A classy watch is the safest bet and leave it at that.
- Sporting a post-lunch paunch is not a good look. Use a hole punch to put another notch in your leather belt.
- A stained shirt is a total turn off. Women spend a lot of time on their appearance so if you arrive looking messy it sends a message that you just don’t care about her enough to bother. Keep a spare shirt in your desk for such occasions.
- Chest hair can emphasise manliness. Not so back hair. Again, women de-fuzz to look their best for them and us, so why shouldn’t you? Waxing, shaving, by whatever means, just get rid of it.
- If you haven’t got any polish handy, you can clean smart leather shoes with olive oil.
- Put your stinky footwear in a freezer bag and freeze it overnight.
That’s it! Here’s to looking & feeling the best you can.